WHAT WE BELIEVE
What We Believe
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as verbally inspired of God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, three in one, co-equal, which is the Trinity.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary.
4. We believe in the Holy Spirit, one of the three persons of the Trinity, who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. He is the life of every believer, and He empowers the preaching and teaching of the gospel.
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and those who reach moral responsibility become sinners in thought, word and deed.
6. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
7. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for all believers.
8. We believe in that “blessed hope,” the personal, premillenial, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
9. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby, they become children of God, and heirs of eternal life. This is a relationship in which they are eternally secure.
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost in hell, and the everlasting blessedness of the saved in heaven.
11. We believe in the existence of a personal devil, who is still working in the world to destroy the souls of men and that he and all his angels and all who receive not Christ as their Savior will eternally perish in the lake of fire.
12. We believe in the Church, the Body of Christ, whose mission it is to preach the Gospel to all the world, all of its endeavors being supported by God’s financial plan of the “Tithe and Offering.”
13. We believe that the ordinances of the Church, given by our Lord, are Baptism and the Lord’s Table.
14. We believe that all the foregoing are Bible doctrines; therefore, we stand firm upon this Declaration of Our Faith.
As people whose lives are in the process of being changed by the liberating grace of God, our vision is to see God transform the lives of people who do not have a personal relationship with Christ through sharing with them the true gospel of grace.
There are several core values which describe the culture we are seeking to create at Community Bible Church. These guiding values are for us to be:
Biblically Faithful - We make Scripture the final authority rather than church tradition. We seek to be innovative and flexible as long as we are obedient to Scripture.
Grace Oriented - We emphasize God’s unconditional acceptance and full forgiveness through Jesus Christ. We attempt to motivate people through love and thankfulness rather than guilt, shame, and duty.
Relationally Centered - We stress healthy relationships among Christians. We emphasize small groups as a primary means for Christians to care for each other, develop friendships, and share their lives.
Family Affirming - We seek to provide an atmosphere which strengthens marriages and families. We are committed to strong youth and children’s programs.
People Developing - We seek to help people grow spiritually and be equipped for ministry. We encourage believers to discover and exercise their spiritual gifts and actively share Christ with their friends and family through lifestyle evangelism.
Community Bible Church is a warm family of believers whom God has called together. We are united by the fact that each of our lives has been dramatically changed through experiencing the liberating Grace of God.
God has opened our eyes to the startling truth that we are able to receive the complete forgiveness of our sins, not through working for it, or earning it or deserving it in any way, but through simply accepting by faith the free gift of salvation which Christ's death on the cross made possible. That is the grace of God. And that glorious reality has opened the floodgate of God's love into our lives. We are now His beloved, precious children. We have a vital personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit lives within us, energizing us to walk more and more like new creatures in Christ.
Because we have experienced the wonder of God's grace in our lives, we have a heart, a compelling passion to share this grace with our families, our friends, and our entire community so that they too might experience the life-changing reality of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This is our heart. This is our burden. This is the driving force behind all that we do. We feel strongly that God has, in a unique way, given us "A Heart to Share God's Grace."